maandag 17 oktober 2011

Painting Madness - Month 2 WiP

Time to show you what I'm working on for this month.

For those who don't know, I've pledged to paint a certain amount of points for various armies each month in an effort to get rid of the backlog of unpainted stuff I have. And I have a lot.... :p

It's an initiative started on Warseer (Fantasy here and 40K here), and I've continued it (on a smaller scale) here. Two people have also pledged to paint stuff each month, both Orcs and Goblins, so that'll make for some nice update pics.


Anyway, on to what I have planned. I have commited to doing stuff for four different armies, so I'll run them down one at a time.

First up are my Skaven. For this month I'll paint 30 Plague Monks. I'm aiming for a tabletop ready finish instead of a extremely well-painted force. This because a) I have a crap ton of skaven and it will take forever to paint them all otherwise and b) I want to finish my skaven so that I can focus on other stuff.

So I'll basically do base coat paint with a Devlan Mud finish and call them done. Might pick out some details here and there, especially on the front rank models, to up the standard of the unit a bit, but that's it.



Next up are my WoC. I'm only doing 100 pts a month for them, so that means I'll have less models to paint and I can put more effort into them. As some of you will know, I like painting models (near) white, and I plan on quenching that particular thirst with this army. All the warriors will get white armour, off set by a black cloak, and a red shield symbol. Also, since this will be a fire-themed army, I'll be doing some flames on all of the cloaks, and maybe even on the shields if I manage to make the flames turn out ok. We'll see.



For 40K I'm doing 150 pts a month of Imperial Guard. I do not actually play Guard (my usual army is chaos marines), but I did take a small force to a Tournament once, did my usual hurried-finish paint job on them, and feel this is a good excuse to do them more justice. I have a particular theme in mind, but I'll keep that a secret for now!
Last month I painted a Commissar Lord, which left me somewhat short on points. I'm compensating this month by doing an expensive tank! Enter the Leman Russ Battle Tank, complete with servitor helper. The tank is going to get a completely new scheme, as it's currently sporting the old one. Once it is finished, you might get an idea of my theme!



Finally, my Fantasy DoC... I have been struggling with finding a colour scheme for these guys, and the best I've come up with so far is this...


Yeah, I know, not very good, huh? :p I'm seriously considering dropping this army and replacing it with another 1000 pts force. God knows I  have plenty of unpainted stuff to replace it with...
How about if I do a small Dogs of War styly Empire army? That might be cool... If I do that, this will be my Great Cannon.


So that's it! Since taking the pics, I've been painting more and more, so the next batch of WiP pics will give you a better idea of what I'm doing.

Until next time!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten