woensdag 30 november 2011

Midweek Modelling - 30/11

It's update time!

I have good news and I have bad news. The good news is that I have been painting and I am pretty happy with the results so far.

The bad news is that I'm probably about 75-80% finished, and today is the last day of the month. That means I'll either paint like mad tonight (probably not) or finish what I can tonight and do the rest tomorrow (more likely).
Also, I might have slightly deviated from the stuff I had originally planned to paint for this month. Still, I'm having fun painting and that is what this little exercise is mainly about, right?

On with the pics!


House Horendal Dogs of War (Empire)

For this army I'd planned painting the second of the Bang Bang Brothers and Lady Clarissa Horendal. Here they are as they stand now

I'm not really feeling the colours on Lady Clarissa yet, but then I still have all the highlighting to do, so I'm sure that'll change. Lil' Bang and his Gnoblar helpers also need some highlighting, and the big man himself needs some markings on his mask.


Warriors of Chaos:

I was supposed to paint five Chaos Warriors but couldn't find the motivation to. So, instead I painted what are probably my favourite GW plastics for Fantasy:

River Trolls! I just love these sculpts and they are an absolute joy to paint. The one on the left is completely finished, including basing, while the other two just need some final touch ups before I call them done. I'll use these as Chaos Trolls and I'll not be changing a thing on the models themselves because I think they are fantastic! So there...

Skaven:
Painting exactly what I planned: Slaves and Warlock Engineers. As always, these skaven will have pure table top ready paintjobs, nothing more. Here they are!

The main thing these need is a Devlan Mud wash (aka the magical wash that makes poorly painted models look decent) and then all I need to do is paint the eyes. I'll probably throw a bucket of Devlan Mud over these models right before I go to sleep and have them dry overnight. I need these models for a tournament this Saturday so I need to free up some time to finish their bases too between now and then..

Imperial Guard (well, sort of):
I was supposed to paint another tank this month, but I got distracted... Instead I painted these:
I know, I know, technically these aren't even Guard, but Legion of the Damned do turn up to help the forces of the Imperium when they need help the most, right? And my Vengeance of Terra Imperial Guard army (ie. the one I'm working on now) needs all the help they can get! You'll understand when I post the fluff of the army on here. Promise.
I've had these models for ages and finally started painting them up. They are about 75% done, with the bone just needing a hightlight or two, and the black and the red needing a little something. The flames on the backpacks also need some more love.

Overall, still plenty to do and we'll see how much I can manage to do before the month is out!

I better get back to painting!